The League Of Extraordinary Gentlebeings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??

+3
WhiteLupin
AwakenedRadiance
Tim95
7 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??  Empty If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??

Post by Tim95 Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:44 am

What I mean by this is without the Internet and TV programs how much would you really know? You want to find something out you do a quick google search BAM there it is. You all use this forum for a common reason. If you didn't have the Internet to help you find people like you would you doubt your very own existence? Ill give you an example I experienced changes in my life not knowing what was going on I even would of called myself crazy for thinking the way I did or still do. then I looked on the Internet where no one can judge you. So I found a women on EP and we talked a bit and I thought to myself this is real.... I am not crazy. It wasn't a romantic type thing.... Just friends.. Anyway without the Internet I would still of thought I was crazy... Basically I want to ask you all this.. How do YOU think the Internet impacted your life as far as this forum goes and it's topics... You get what I'm saying lol..could you live without the Internet? I would be nothing without it..

Tim95
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Badassery : 0

Back to top Go down

If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??  Empty Re: If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??

Post by AwakenedRadiance Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:28 am

I could live without it, obviously. I would never have met some interesting people, but that'd be okay. I'd probably spend more time making attempts at socializing and less time in seclusion because I would become lonely.

The internet has allowed me to meet others. Here I'm less alone and people actually (somewhat) respect my opinion and treat me as more of an equal. It's also way more fun than rereading books. xD

Basically, yes I could live without it but my life would suck and I'd be bored. X_X
AwakenedRadiance
AwakenedRadiance
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??  Empty Re: If it wasn't for the Internet and TV Would you doubt yourself??

Post by WhiteLupin Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:38 am

the ways other people learned knowledge. reading. encyclopedias, historic novels, etc etc or hey maybe get an education and READ SOME MORE. it's called a library. and just because you meet people "like you" doesn't make what you are any more real or delusional. witches knew they were witches before this technology surge.

i survived three months without tv while i was in italy and it was fine. i made real friends in person and didn't need the internet to make friends. i read, i walked everywhere, i created more art than i had in years, and i met amazing people in the flesh.
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Badassery : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by azsura nil Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:49 am

I wouldn't doubt myself without the internet or tv. I know others with similar capacities as mine IRL.

azsura nil
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLupin Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:51 am

another thing to add, i dont understand how television helps us trust who we are >_> tv is riddled with poser ghost hunters, bullshit mediums, trash tv, and cartoons. the internet is not much different...if not worse. how the fuck does that encourage any of us to believe in what we are?
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim95 Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:46 am

I meant as for learning, such as educational programming.

Tim95
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by azsura nil Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:23 pm

"Educational programming" about the paranormal is about as reliable as watching "Star Trek" to learn particle physics.

azsura nil
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim95 Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:30 am

Well I didn't mean about the paranormal.. Just education in general.

Tim95
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by TriQueen Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:35 pm

In all honestly, I'd probably doubt myself less in some cases because I often find myself saying things like 'this is too much like so-and-so show' or what not....plus the shows tend to bring out the role-players and trolls....

With that being said, I have met a few people online that have helped me a great deal and are good friends, I do use the internet a lot to do research (you just got to be careful of the sites), I even use it to ready my local newspapers and such. It's easier because I can get on from my phone if need be to talk to people or read the paper, etc...

As far as general education, I'd rather read a textbook than watch a show but that's just me....I do download a lot of pdf files though from online...

I'm not sure why people or getting so worked up over your question, or perhaps I'm just taking it the wrong way, but it's a valid question in my opinion....and everyone is different....all I can do is tell you my personal opinion but I'm not going to knock yours!

Could I survive without it? Sure. Do I want to? Probably not.

TriQueen
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

Badassery : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLupin Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:53 am

i think the main point here is there's not much education on television that's remotely close to valid, besides animal/biology programs and astronomy programs. shit like Ancient Aliens, and Paranormal State are anything but educational. trash tv shouldn't be considered education...like seriously...if you learn your life lessons off watching Jersey Shore then god help you.
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Back to top Go down

Post by TriQueen Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:20 pm

Okay don't even get me started on Paranormal state and their 'demonologist' what the fuck ever he is.... (I live in Pa) they greatly annoy me...actually there are a lot of Paranormal Investigator groups in pa that greatly annoy me but hey....

Hahaha Omg Jersey Shore.....We'd all be running around drunk on the beach getting preg and punched in the face....

TriQueen
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim95 Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:30 pm

Lol I live in PA also...

Tim95
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by Mediocrity Thu Jun 06, 2013 10:05 pm

I'm pretty sure I'd get what I was after I starved for months and then went spack and killed someone.

"That's how we did it in MY day!"
Mediocrity
Mediocrity
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

https://theleagueeg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by TriQueen Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:54 am

Tim95 wrote:Lol I live in PA also...

Where about? I've been looking for people closer to me...

TriQueen
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLupin Fri Jun 07, 2013 8:39 pm

lmao well said triqueen, referring to your previous response. i hate paranormal state.
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Back to top Go down

Post by TriQueen Fri Jun 07, 2013 9:29 pm

"Hey I bet this is demonic" seriously they think everything is demonic.....

TriQueen
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim95 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:13 am

Philadelphia.

Tim95
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLupin Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:10 am

MY DICK IS DEMONIC

and tim that's like saying all Californians are either vegan yuppies or valley girls/surfers. lol the state has nothing to do with it.
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Back to top Go down

Post by Mediocrity Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:17 pm

CLUB 36
Mediocrity
Mediocrity
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

https://theleagueeg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Tim95 Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:51 pm

I was just saying. Where I lived Lupin

Tim95
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by TriQueen Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:32 am

ahh ok your like 4 hours from me then Tim!

TriQueen
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLupin Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:23 am

lol oh they're from pennsylvania my bad...
but tim, even more so WHAT THE FUCK DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Back to top Go down

Post by AwakenedRadiance Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:08 am

They were talking about it further back in the comments.
AwakenedRadiance
AwakenedRadiance
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by WhiteLupin Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:40 am

lol oh derp
WhiteLupin
WhiteLupin
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Back to top Go down

Post by Tiredandhungry Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:03 am

No

Tiredandhungry
Queefmaster Joe
Queefmaster Joe

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum