The League Of Extraordinary Gentlebeings
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Affiliates
free forum

My Questions For Hunters

5 posters

Go down

My Questions For Hunters Empty My Questions For Hunters

Post by Mediocrity Thu May 30, 2013 10:34 pm

This probably belongs in the hunting thing, but hey. It's a question so I'm putting it here.

1. Why do you hunt?
2. How do you see the things you hunt? (some people can't see them)
3. Is there a limit to what you hunt?
4. Do You need to have special abilities to hunt?
5.Could you die doing it?
6. Is there a cleanup afterwards?
7. Do normal weapons work?

Meow.
Mediocrity
Mediocrity
Kicker and Banner
Kicker and Banner

Badassery : 0

https://theleagueeg.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

My Questions For Hunters Empty Re: My Questions For Hunters

Post by Straw Dog Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:06 pm

The concept of 'hunter' is relatively new to me, and I don't call myself such, but what I and some others I know have done for some time is to investigate and track supernatural occurrences. For that reason I'd like to answer, but if it is not what you were looking for, I'll not be offended if you delete.

1. I'm am one who is interested and curious in just about everything. I want to understand the world around me and my place in it. The supernatural exists, I've had a lifetime of experience to believe that, but want to know more, have more detail and evidence. Only way to do that is go out and look.

2. What I generally have experience of is finding areas of spirit activity. I have flashes of mental images, and notice the feeling in the air changing as well as changes in smell. I have also seen/felt through other people and (frustratingly vague, I know) 'just get thoughts'. I don't often see things physically unless whatever is there is intense, though I'm working on improving my faculties in that regard.

3. Only in regard to what has been reported to me and what I have experience of. I'm always open to more.

4. I mentioned part of what I'm able to do above. As to whether it is needed, I'd say probably not, but it helps. There are people I've worked with who have no sensitivities, and I like to have a sceptic on hand to help keep the information gained as unbiased as possible.

5. I suppose it is possible, but on balance we all die. There are times when I have been scared, and times when I have felt pain and been messed with, but I've never been injured. I'm quite relaxed about 'the death issue' because I believe I know when and how I am to die (I can't even think about giving a public speech without breaking into a sweat, though, haha). I've survived a lot of non supernatural shit. I'd rather know.

6. Not that there is usually much mess involved, but I like to keep things clean.

7. Not one I can really answer. I'm not one for walking about with weapons, and before I go into an area I make sure I have as much information as possible regarding what may be found on site. Every tool I use is consecrated. I know how to shield myself and others, and create safe spaces. That has been enough, to date.

Straw Dog
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

Back to top Go down

Post by saltironandsilver Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:34 pm

I'm going to try and answer this question, though I still need in person training before I can go out and hunt anything. I just want to be safe with it(well... as safe as one can be with hunting, lol). Besides, what good would it do to try and hunt something when you have no fighting skills, no knowledge on the creature, no supplies, etc., and all you become is another mess that needs to be cleaned up?

1. I want to start, because I've dealt with enough supernatural shit growing up that I'm sick of being scared of it and sitting around doing nothing. Ghosts and demons used to terrify me when they'd come and taunt me, mess with me, but I hate feeling that weak and powerless. I want to get back at those sons of bitches and then some, saving people along the way. (So, obviously, not just ghosts and demons).

2. That really depends. On the creature, on the day, on how open I happen to be, etc. Typically, I sense them, like Straw Dog said. I'll see them in my head most of the time and I can pinpoint(in a large scope/general area) where they are. I trust my abilities in that sense, because I've grown up with it. Maybe I just never eliminated that part of my child brain? lol Regardless, I've seen them physically a few times, but very rarely, though they always come to me. (Well okay once there was a demon--not physically--and I went to it, but that's a story for another time.) As I said, I sense them, I see them in my head(and sometimes physically), and they have been known to mess with me often.

3. There won't be, no. My only thing is going to be still trying to be in school(though it's college so it's a little easier) and keep my family and friends. So, really, pretty local? I don't know if that will limit what i hunt or not, but I'm more than willing to hunt anything I can get ahold of.

4. I feel like you should at the very least be clairvoyant? Because as you said earlier, some people can't see/sense things, and that's important. You also need to be strong, mentally and emotionally at the very least, though physically is very much suggested. But, again, I'm sure there are hunters with no sense of clairvoyance/mental strength/etc. who do really well, so who knows?

5. I'm sure, depending on the creature, there's always going to be that possibility, yes. Ghosts, for the most part, I don't believe can kill you, and I'm not really sure about demons, from what I've researched. I've been scratched a few times, but that's the most that's happened to me. Then again, I have God on my side, so I don't know if that may be the only reason or not.

6. Well, of course--I haven't gone out and hunted yet, but even as far as protection spells, blessing salt, making holy water, etc., there are always clean-ups. And, if you're fighting something a bit more physical than ghosts or demons, and you kill it... Well, it wouldn't be right or smart to leave the body there, so yes, there will always be a clean-up of some sort. It's not like Supernatural, in which they simply leave the creature lying on the floor of a warehouse, or a possessed vessel lying, dead, wherever they were killed by the demon blade. If you go to jail in real life, you stay there. Lilith doesn't come and accidentally bail you out.

7. Again, that would definitely depend on the creature. From what I've read up on, iron actually does work on ghosts(as does holy water and salt), so I keep an iron fire poker next to my bed. But there are definitely some creatures out there, I'm sure, that could be killed simply by using some large bowie knife or something of the sort. (You could probably use something else, but I just love how large and industrial they are.)
saltironandsilver
saltironandsilver
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

http://meritoriousabatement.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by saltironandsilver Thu Aug 08, 2013 5:38 pm

*ahem* When I mentioned the holy water and salt working as well, I meant that those work on demons. Sorry! Iron for ghosts, though.
saltironandsilver
saltironandsilver
Pandasquire
Pandasquire

http://meritoriousabatement.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Post by azsura nil Fri Aug 09, 2013 11:49 pm

1. Because someone has to.
2. I use a minor sorcery to perceive spirits and demons, which are what I primarily deal with.
3. I don't fuck with the big boys. I know my limits.
4. No, but it makes it easier.
5. Certainly. This isn't a game.
6. If it has a body, then yes. Generally, opening a hole into the spirit world and throwing the body through does the trick.
7. If a spirit has manifested itself, then yes. If not, no.

azsura nil
Cabin Crew
Cabin Crew

Back to top Go down

Post by Jwarr51493 Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:30 am

1. for a while, i did it to help people. Now, i do it because once you've done it for so long, it's hard to get out.
2. With my eyes. I haven't yet met something i couldn't see.
3. It has to have killed/be a danger to surrounding humans.
4. Don't need any, but it would certainly help.
5. Yes.
6. Usually
7. Depends on your definition of normal weapons. Guns work on some things, provided special ammunition is used. Same with blades (certain metals). I like to use bows if i can, it helps with #6, and gets you the best of both guns and blades. Some random substances work to piss off some things (salt, holy water, etc...). And for a few supes, regular weapons with regular ammo and blades will work. When in doubt, behead and/or burn it. Beheading and burning work on most anything.

Jwarr51493
Probably Ate Some Bad Nachos
Probably Ate Some Bad Nachos

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum